Boston Volleyball Association. ("BVA") has developed this Web site (the "BVA Site") to provide you with access to our league information, schedule, and standings. This policy discloses the BVA's practices with respect to the collection, use and disclosure of user information collected through the BVA Site and through your participation in the BVA.
Unless you instruct us not to do so, BVA may also use the Personal Information that you provide us to contact you regarding additional or new services and features offered by BVA, special offers by BVA, or important information regarding BVA ("BVA Secondary Use"). In addition, with your permission, we may provide your Personal Information to other companies who may contact you regarding products, services, and offers that may be of interest to you, but that are not directly related to BVA or the BVA Site ("Third Party Secondary Use").
2. CHOICE. As we noted above in Section 1, we will not use your Personal Information for any Third Party Secondary Uses unless you affirmatively choose to participate in such Secondary Uses. You may also stop the delivery of informational or promotional mail from us by following the instructions included in the informational or promotional mail itself.
3. ACCESS. When you register to use any of the services offered by BVA, BVA will send you a confirmation of your registration showing the Personal Information that we obtained from your registration. Also, whenever possible, we will take reasonable steps to give you the opportunity to confirm and/or modify your Personal Information.
4. SECURITY. The Personal Information that we collect from you is stored in secure operating environments that are not available to the general public. In the case of credit card numbers and other financial information, your Personal Information is encrypted for even greater protection. However, the other sites that you may access through the BVA Site may have different security practices and you should familiarize yourself with those practices.
5. COMPLAINTS. If at any time you believe that we have violated any of these Policies, please notify us and we will use all commercially reasonable efforts to promptly investigate and remedy the problem.
6. DISCLOSURE FOR LEGAL PURPOSES. We may disclose Personal Information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary: (a) to conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on us or our affiliates, (b) to protect and defend our rights or property or those of our users, (c) to act immediately to protect the personal safety of our users or the public, or (d) in connection with a merger, consolidation or sale of substantial assets of BVA. As we continue to develop our business, we might buy or sell assets related to our business. In such transactions Personal Information generally is one of the transferred business assets. Also, in the event that BVA or substantially all of its assets are acquired, Personal Information will be one of the transferred assets.
7. ANONYMOUS INFORMATION. Please understand that, in addition to collecting Personal Information, BVA will also gather information that does not personally identify you regarding your use of the BVA Site ("Anonymous Information"). The Anonymous Information that we collect regarding your use of the BVA Site may be used by us to measure the effectiveness of marketing efforts on the BVA Site, for improving the services we offer to you, or to share with third parties for other purposes. For example, we might use this Anonymous Information to inform our advertisers how many users visited a particular advertisement, and for how long, so they can measure whether the advertisement was effective. Generally, you will not be aware when such Anonymous Information is being collected about you - it may be collected in various ways, such as through traffic data or direct surveys of our customers and may entail the use of, among other things, cookies, IP addresses, or other numeric codes used to identify a computer by which a user accesses our site or used to identify other devices by which a user may access our services.